How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 (Redsn0w, Untethered)
If you rely on a Unlock, you should stay away from redsn0w and use sn0wbreeze or PwnageTool, at this time I don’t think Ultrasn0w is working 😦 Ultrasn0w has been updated to work with iOS 4.3.1, if you need an unlock, you should use PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze to make a custom ipsw (Firmware file) with a preserved baseband to unlock.
So this morning Sn0wbreeze, Redsn0w and PwnageTool were updated to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Untethered. I will be showing you how to jailbreak using Redsn0w (Windows, but the same instructions apply for Mac). The only devices it doesn’t support is the Verizon iPhone and the iPad 2. Don’t forget with all of these tools, you will need your stock (uncustomized) 4.3.1 firmware file 🙂 By the way, it’s super easy! The hardest part is putting your device in DFU mode, but it will walk you through it!
- Download Redsn0w from here
- Unzip the zip folder
- open the redsn0w executable file (If you are on Windows Vista / 7 you might want to run it in compatibility mode for XP and as Administrator)
- Browse for your firmware file
- Click Next and let it process your firmware
- Choose your options (Recommended to just Install Cydia, and if you want Enable Battery Percentage)
- Click Next and power off your device (Make sure it is plugged in first though)
- Follow the instructions to enter DFU Mode and hold the home button until you see the running code on your iDevice
And that should be it, Redsn0w will jailbreak your device and it will install Cydia. Now you can enjoy your tweaks and the untethered jailbreak!